Tractor road leading through R&A Orchards
Welcome to October in the North Georgia mountains! I have been very tied up the last few weeks with work and whatnot but luckily I have plenty to tell you about the upcoming fall events this October. There are so many things to say that I think I need to list them in bullets.
- Today was the annual Georgia Marble Festival. I was proud to be at the parade with some of my close friends that ran the 5K this morning. Sadly I was eating French toast while they were running. See pics below.
- This coming weekend is Oktoberfest in Big Canoe. It’s a very fun craft festival with good food, great beer, and a lederhosen-clad ompa-band! Limited shuttle service is available at the North Gate Wildcat parking lot. Please give me a call for more info 770-655-4303.
- I just listed 3 fabulous Big Canoe homes. Two of these listings are in the Lake Watch Section (565 Lakewatch, and 558 Lake Watch) and one very elegant home is in the commuter friendly neighborhood of Blackwell Creek, 9369 Wilderness Knoll
- The Atlanta Magazine Dream Home is now on display in the Bluffs Section of Big Canoe. I love it and will be happy to bring you up there to see it in person. The view is heavenly!
- The Tate Elementary Fall Festival, a cherished annual event will be on Friday, October 30th and this year the kids can wear their costumes. BINGO, games, hayrides, and introducing our newest event; the Haunted Costume Ball including Karaoke!
- Big Canoe’s Trunk or Treat will be held at the Wildcat Parking Lot on October 31st. Fun for everyone! Wear your costumes and disguise your vehicle as anything you want. This event is my very favorite!
- Pumpkins and apples are ripe for the picking! Choose any of the fabulous farms up here. This year we went to R&A Orchards for our apples. Burt’s Pumpkin Farm is always popular too!
Pictures From the Jasper, Georgia Marble Festival Below:
Pictures From R & A Orchards in Ellijay, Georgia (just a short drive from Big Canoe):
So if you are wondering what we do up here in the north Georgia mountains, come on up and see for yourself! Fall is fantastic in Big Canoe and being only one hour from Atlanta, it’s a great day trip. Guess it’s a little cliche’ but:
Happy Fall Y’all!
Karin Elliott October 3rd, 2009
Posted In: Amenities and Activities